Sunday, November 6, 2011

High School Reunion

Last weekend, I went to my high school reunion in my hometown. (How has 10 years gone by so fast?!?!?!) It was so great to catch up with people that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Jason and I got in late Thursday night after listening on the radio to the most insane baseball game ever (so close Rangers!) so we could make it in time for the pep rally in the morning. Pep rallies in high school for me were the highlight on Fridays at school. My high school is very steeped in tradition so even though some of the cheers changed every year (and the cheerleaders) the songs and dances stayed pretty much the same.

Even ten years later, the major songs and dances they did were ones they did when I was in high school which made me happy. Although, it seemed more tame than when I was there but maybe because it's now from a different perspective.



The dance team. I was on that my freshman year. I had a lot of fun.


After the pep rally, we went and had lunch with my parents. It was good to hang out with them for a bit. It is always good to see them!


That night, we headed to the football game between my high school and the town rival. This game is the highlight of the season. I have fond memories of "Spirit Week" during my years there. The weather was COLD, but I feel that is how you are supposed to watch high school games - with hot chocolate and a warm blanket.

I must admit I didn't watch much of the game because I was playing catch up with people. After the game, Jason and I met up with some friends at a wine bar downtown. (We stayed up way past our bedtime =) )


These girls were all in choir with me. Good times!

On Saturday, we had a pretty lazy morning and afternoon. We went to a movie called In Time with my brother and sister in law. It was a pretty good movie. After the movie, we grabbed lunch and then went back to the hotel to get fabulous for the reunion dinner. I was so excited about my outfit. Remember how I pinned this outfit awhile back on Pinterest? Well I had a black dress already, and I found some boots at Target and then bought a cute necklace and tights to go with it. I think I looked pretty cute and that is all that matters.


We went to meet up with some friends before the reunion for happy hour and then headed out to the ranch outside of town for the dinner party. They had horse races before the dinner. They gave us fake money, and we bid on the horses we thought would win. Well - Jason won!! Out of the five races, Jason won over 200,000+ dollars.  It was all fake money (boo!) but I am taking him to Vegas sometime soon! Ha!!


Dinner was fun. The food wasn't that awesome but really that didn't matter. I had fun catching up with friends. I also saw people that were in what I would call the "in crowd". It made me definitely stop and think "why in the world did I care about what these people thought about me? Why did I care to make them like me?" Because 10 years later, those people don't matter and popularity is just ridiculous. Just my two cents =).


Emily, Kim, and Jourdan - love them! I was college roommates with Jourdan. I will never forget the time she tied my door together with another roommate so we couldn't get out. We played practical jokes a lot.

My friends, Matt and Kim


The lovely Jenny


Cassie and I have known each other since the third grade. We were freshman college roommates, and she holds a special place in my heart. We don't get to talk very often but I love her to death.


Aww look how cute we were as seniors?

All in all, it was an awesome weekend and I got to spend it with great people - alway a plus. 

1 comment:

  1. You look stunning!!! WOW!!! I'm so glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear more about it. =)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com