Once I got back from the conference, Jason and I went to a one year old birthday party at a park. My favorite part always is to see how the little one takes to the cake and this little one didn't disappoint. He went to town on his little cake (Although no pics, don't know how his parents feel about his pic on the internet so I'm not going to put them on - sorry!)
After the party, we stopped to eat a very late lunch and stopped at Mooyah Burgers. We had never eaten here before and thought we'd give it a try and I'm so glad we did it was so good!!!
First off, they had this 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonade concoction that I thought was awesome because I do this at every restaurant that I go to where I fill my own drink. Tea and lemonade together - so yum!
The veggie burger was really good too! It definitely takes 2nd place in the best veggie burgers I've had.
Jason liked his turkey burger as well.
Later that night, we headed to the fair!! My first time ever to go =) We took the DART down there to avoid parking fiascos and headed into the park. Our first order of business was to take a picture of Big Tex, and then get some yummy food.
Big Tex
Jason got a corn dog from Fletchers, and I ate fried salsa which was one of the finalists for this year. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed it but after only 1 and half of them I was full.
There was a parade while we were there and we waved to Miss Texas. Then we found a seat by one of the fountains to watch a firework display.
Watching the fireworks
Before we left, Jason got an order of fried Boudain balls. He makes them every once and awhile and he said his were way better.
We had so much fun at the fair, and I would love to go back next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment