Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Pin"spiration!!!

I love crafting. Always have. Now having the time to craft and actually feeling like doing it haven't always met together but it's definitely an outlet for me.

Pinterest has taken my crafting to another level. I see things on there and say "I could do that" or "That looks pretty easy" and the next day I'm off to the crafting stores getting all my supplies. I have recently made two wreaths that I got the inspiration from pinterest that I'm excited to show you because well I'm quite proud of them.

My first wreath inspiration I got from here and I thought it would be fun to make a ribbon wreath with school colors to hang on game days. Now I am definitely an OU fan but since I didn't really go to that school I thought it would be nice for me to make the wreath in A&M colors since that is where Jason went to school. I should get some wife points for that one. =)

I started with a natural wood wreath and wrapped ribbon all the way around it. I then took TEN different rolls of ribbon (5 in each color) and cut them into 4.5 inch lengths with 14 in each group. Then I took all the individual ribbons and hot glued the ends together to create little individual small loops.


 I then took each individual ribbon making sure to get one from every group in one area and then hot glued them on to the wreath. 


Almost done!!!

Once I was done putting all the ribbon on the wreath (which took forever), I hot glued a string of ribbon on the back for hanging and then hot glued a little A&M football ornament I found at Hobby Lobby. 


Doesn't it look great? And A&M actually won this weekend. I think it might have had something to do with my wreath on the door. Ha!!

My next wreath's inspiration came from here. I wanted a really cute fall wreath to hang on the door, and this looked pretty easy to do. I got another wreath, and then marked it by how I wanted to divide the colors of the yarn. 




I spent a couple of hours watching TV one night just wrapping the wreath with they yarn until it looked like this:


I wanted to put some felt flowers on it, and I found this really great tutorial here.  I traced circles, and then put petals on the outside and cut it out. I then cut it into a spiral. 



I rolled it until all the petals were rolled together and then cut off the excess. I then rolled the rest of the spiral to make another flower. 


Once I got all my flowers made, I hot glued them onto the wreath until I had the finished product:


Ta Da!!!

These were so much fun to make. Pinterest is such good inspiration. I have other things already on my list that I want to make!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the process of making a ribbon wreath....well I've bought everything I need for it. It's time for me to get started though! They're so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com