Jason and I went back to my hometown to see my family and to relax over the Labor Day weekend. It was so great to get away and to enjoy cooler weather and the slower pace of the town than DFW is.
Our niece, K, had a birthday the week before and so we brought her a birthday present. It was a barbie and then some clothes that you could decorate with stickers and glitter.
My dad decided to take down the fort that he built for us when my brother and I were in elementary school. By the time that I got there, it was almost all the way taken down. I had to have a moment of silence for that fort that held so many memories.
Sunday was my dad's birthday, so we all went out to Logan's Roadhouse to have lunch after church. It was yummy!
Happy birthday dad!
On Sunday afternoon, my mom and I tackled making a bag for me. I saw this tutorial on pinterest several weeks ago and decided that I wanted to make it. I had already bought the fabric so my mom brought her sewing machine and we figured out how to make it. I made it bigger than the tutorial said to make it so that took some time to figure out but it was a lot of fun.
Isn't the fabric pretty?!
I was concentrating really hard to 1) stay in a straight line and 2) to not sew my fingers =).
The finished project!!! I was so proud of myself! Thanks mom for helping me and teaching me how to do it! Now I will have to find more projects to do =).
So cute! I love that bag!
ReplyDeleteThe bag is adorable!! You should start your own business! =)
ReplyDeleteHey, at least you did something productive! That's better than I can say on "laborless weekend" I was as lazy as could be :)
ReplyDelete