Thursday, September 22, 2011

Grapevest

This weekend we went to Grapevest which is a festival in a town nearby. It basically is whole bunch of booths with local businesses and tents to sample wines. We have always heard it was awesome so we decided to give it a try this year.

While we were at Grapevest, we ran into one of my old college roommates, Melissa, and chatted for a little bit. She was in town with some friends and they decided last minute to stop by Grapevest. I am so glad they did! It was so great to see her, and hopefully we can hang out again soon when I go back to my hometown =). 


Love her!!!!

Jason and I didn't sample to much of the wines. I love wine but I'm one of those people that needs it to be basically sugar in a bottle before I really like it. Dry wines gross me out. I have to have a really really sweet wine to like it. 


I ended up getting a wine called Summer Rain and oh my gosh was it ever so good. I think I could have had 3 glasses of that stuff (don't worry I didn't). I think I will have to find this wine in a store very soon. 


Jason got a wine that was red,  and it smelled funny so I didn't bother to even taste it. He seemed to like it though so I guess that is all that really matters. 


I also had a yummy berry kabob with dark and white chocolate sprinkled all over it. It was heavenly. I think I may need to make these for a get together. 

Grapevest was fun to experience and I think next year we will go later in the day when it's not as hot and enjoy a little bit more of the wine!


*Random: Do you like the bigger pics? I can't decide if I should keep them the old way or do the bigger ones.*

1 comment:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com