Saturday, May 21, 2011

To my baby in heaven

My sweet precious baby:

Today would have officially been your due date. From the day your daddy and I found out that we were going to have you, we were so excited. We had waited for a long time to finally have the chance to become parents, and we were so ecstatic that it was going to be with you.

We wondered what you were going to look like. Would you have mommy's blue eyes? Your daddy's smile? Would you be bald until the age of 2 like both your parents? We couldn't wait to hold you and take care of you. You made your mommy very sick, but I pushed through it knowing that the reward at the end would be worth it. (I only threatened to ground you once when you had made your momma throw up for the third time in one day =) ) Then that fateful day in November came, and we found out that you were no longer with us. It was the worst day of our lives. We were so sad that we weren't going to be able to wipe your tears, kiss your boo boos, make you laugh til your sides hurt, and watch you grow into the child of God you would become. We still cry when we think of all the memories we won't get to make with you this side of heaven.

But my dear sweet child, we can only be sad for ourselves because you get heaven! You won't ever feel pain, disappointment, sorrow or sickness. And most importantly, you get Jesus. We smile when we think of Him holding you and that you get to rest in His presence. How can we be sad about that my little one??

I want you to know that your daddy and I will never forget you. We miss you every day. Your siblings will know about you and how you got to go ahead of us into God's kingdom. We can't wait for the day that we get to be together again and be in God's presence together worshipping Him for all eternity. That will be a joyous day that lasts forever.

We love you with all our hearts,
Mommy and Daddy


2 comments:

  1. My wife does not tell me when she posts blog posts. And then I randomly go check to see if she has posted, and then I see this. A beautifully written post to our baby who is in heaven and makes me cry...a little warning would be nice. I like to choose when I cry, not get bombarded with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sweet friend, what a beautiful love letter to your precious baby. you are going to be such a wonderful mommy one day... you already are. you are a blessing to all those around, epecially your family that you love and care so much for.

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com