Friday, May 27, 2011

Show Us Your LIFE Fridays - Dessert Recipe

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner today for favorite dessert recipes. I can't wait to add to my list of desserts to make! To see other recipes go HERE

I LOVE DESSERTS!! I'm pretty sure I could eat dessert every day if my hip size would stay the same - ha! I had a hard time just picking one dessert recipe because I like them all so much but I picked one from my all time favorite dessert cook book that I got as a wedding gift. It combines my two favorites: chocolate and peanut butter!

Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter/Milk Chocolate Frosting

Cake:
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cups baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cups Nestle Peanut Butter & Milk & Chocolate Morsels

Frosting:
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
3 cups sifted powdered sugar

For Cake:
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt in bowl. Add milk, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; blend until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Sprinkle 1/3 cup morsels over each cake. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

For frosting:
Microwave remaining morsels in small bowl on medium high for 1 minute and then at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Beat cream chesse, melted morsels, vanilla extract, and salt in small bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Frost between layers on top and side of cake. Makes 10-12 servings.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com