Last Sunday, Jason and I went with some of our good friends to an FC Dallas Game at Pizza Hut Park. They were playing L.A. Galaxy (David Beckham and Landon Donavan play on that team!) We had so much fun watching the game, however, the weather did NOT want to cooperate. Saturday it was almost 90 degrees and I was in shorts, and the next morning I woke up and it was 50 degrees, and I was searching for a sweater to wear in my closet. What?? It's May 1st, people.
All day long, it rained off and on, and I kept hoping that the rain would go away by the time the game came at 6. When we left for the game, it wasn't raining (yay!) but we went ahead and brought all our rain gear just in case because the rain was in the forecast (boo!). We got there right before kick off and watched the first half of the game in the cold with blankets and hot chocolate, but no rain =). I got to watch David Beckham and Landon Donavan play and at times, they were 20 feet from me...I ALMOST DIED. We got the cheap tickets but we were on the first row right at the goal line.
This group was in the next section from us and they were hard core fans. They had drums and some were waving flags and they were chanting different things. It was kind of funny.
David Beckham!! All of these pics are kind of blurry because I took them with my phone because I didn't bring my good camera.
Landon Donavan!!
Landon and David together at a corner kick. I waved hi to them but they didn't wave back. It's ok though, we can still be friends.
After the half, we saw the clouds start to roll in (ruh roh) and so we put on all our rain gear.
Me and Jessica all decked out in our rain gear right before the downpour =)
We were able to watch the game through the torrential downpour until the last 10 minutes of the game and we started seeing lightning. They postponed the game but we went ahead and left. FC Dallas ended up winning 2-1. We are looking forward to going again because we had a lot of fun but I'm hoping for better weather next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment