Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012

* Warning: Lots of pictures**** Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was spent with Jason's mom and her family. We didn't have to travel this year which was awesome considering when we went to visit my family several weekends ago we had to pack our whole house =). We did Christmas Eve dinner over at our house and then Christmas Day festivities were over at Jason's aunt's house.


Jason and I tried to go to Christmas Eve service at our church, but we got there too late and the service filled up. So we just headed back home to get ready for everyone to come over that night. Don't worry though, E had a photo shoot in front of the Christmas tree in all her cuteness.


We all had gumbo for dinner and then sat around and visited. E got to meet her great-grandmother for the first time. She and GiGi got along very well. 




Aunt Minette (the baby whisperer) feeding her niece


Traditional family picture in front of the tree. E wasn't that interested. 


It's a tradition in my family that we get pajamas every year to open on Christmas Eve to wear that night.   I'm so excited to carry on this tradition with our little girl. And apparently E was so excited for Christmas to come that she woke up at 6 AM =). I just spent that extra time making the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They were delicious, but definitely something you can only make every once in a while because they are fattening. So worth it though - I think I definitely love this new tradition I'm starting. 

Even though it was 6 AM she still makes me smile


After breakfast, we headed over to Jason's aunt's house for Christmas lunch. We opened presents and ate some yummy fried turkey. While we were there, snow started falling outside! I was so excited that E was going to get her first white Christmas! We got between 1-2 inches of snow. 


Isn't she just the cutest thing? 


She loves this giraffe that her MawMaw got her. 


Four generations!


Our first Christmas together

When we got home we took pictures outside but didn't stay out too long because the wind was something fierce. Her little outfit made me giggle, but she had to stay warm. 



We opened up our stockings and gifts from each other when we got home because there just wasn't enough time to do it in the morning. Christmas with a little one is so much fun! I couldn't wait for her to  open her gifts even though she doesn't really get it but next year she will =). 





And don't worry we didn't forget about our other baby either. 


Christmas 2012 was one of the best yet! I can't wait to see what next Christmas brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com