Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Traditions

I love traditions!! I have always grown up doing things every year for each holiday and I loved the familiarity and the memories that were made through those traditions. This year I have been thinking a lot about what I want to carry over from my family and from Jason's family to incorporate into our family traditions.


Some of the traditions that we do or will do as a family:
  • Christmas pajamas. We would always get a pair of pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. I have already bought E's pajamas, and they are wrapped and under the tree. 
  • Jesse tree. I can't wait to start the Jesse tree with E next year when she is older to understand it. I want her to always know the real reason we celebrate Christmas and for that to be our focal point. 
  • Looking at Christmas lights. Jason and I have done this every year as a married couple and I did this growing up as well. We grab hot chocolate or a yummy coffee drink and drive around the decorated neighborhoods while having fun as a family. 
  • Christmas movies. I try to get in as many Christmas movies as I can during the month of December. White Christmas, The Holiday, Miracle on 34th Street - I love them all. 


  • Make the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. I have always wanted to do this and I think it would be something fun that my children could look forward to on Christmas Day. 


    • Make Christmas cookies. Some of my favorite memories were helping my mom bake during the holidays. I can't wait to do this with E and our future children. 
    • Stockings. Jason and I debated about Santa and how and if we wanted to incorporate it into our holiday traditions. Then I read this blog entry from a woman who does Bible studies at our church, and I liked how she approached it. I think this is how we will do Santa at our house. 


    What are some family traditions that you do???

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for linking to that blog post about Santa. I really like it as my husband is Jewish and I am Christian. We are trying to figure out how to approach Santa in our house and I like the idea that he is a riddle to be solved. You can't ignore Santa so I like this third option!

      ReplyDelete
    2. i absolutely adore White Christmas, have to watch that every Christmas! and yummy i haven't made the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls but everything of hers is always so yummy

      ReplyDelete



    I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com