Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Long New Year Weekend

* I took a little bit of a blogging hiatus - whoops. We have been dealing with some sleepless nights over here the past week and the last thing I want to do during the day is stare at a screen. Hoping to get back into the groove of things soon depending on if E decides that she likes to sleep again - say a little prayer will ya =)

We had such a nice fun New Years weekend. Jason had to use up his vacation time by the end of the year so he took off the Friday and Monday of New Years weekend. We had five glorious days as a family, and I was sad that Jason had to go back to work.

On Friday, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch to celebrate our engage-versery. Six years ago, Jason took me to Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria in Houston and then proposed in front of the water wall. So fun! It's something we do every year and little E got to celebrate with us this year. She did pretty good during lunch and then conked out at the very end.




Later that night, we met up with some of my old high school friends for dinner. It was so good to see them. Amy (the one on the far left) lives in Arizona so I don't get to see her very often. It was good to catch up with them, and E behaved herself for the most part in a loud restaurant and even fell asleep.


Saturday, Jason and I went to see Les Miserables! It was SOOO GOOD! I cried and sang (silently) to all the songs. Hugh Jackman better win Best Actor for this movie or I will be so mad. It was great to get away just the two of us. Thanks Brandis for watching E - I know she was in great hands!

Sunday we attempted to go to church but that was a fail so we went grocery shopping instead. It was a lazy day spent at home. Monday, we took E to her 4 month check up. Her official stats were 14 pounds 14 ounces (67%) and 25 1/2 inches (87%). She still has her eczema but it's not bothering her so we just put lotion on it and I'm hoping it will go away soon. I took a little photo shoot before her appointment. She is such a ham.





And then after the shots:


Those things can wear anyone out. Poor thing!


Sadly, Jason and I did not stay up to watch the ball drop. We had a wake up call a few hours later by a little girl =). But it's ok I rang in the new year during my middle of the night feeding. Ha!  We spent New Years enjoying our last day together before Jason had to go back to work. We went and had lunch at Red Robin and then we went to Academy so Jason could spend one of his gift cards. We then came home and watched Dark Knight Rises. A very relaxing New Years - the way I like it.



I had some of this to ring in 2013. Love this stuff. I could probably drink a whole bottle in one sitting. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it when Rob has time off of work! It becomes a mini-vacation. :) I also love that Elyanah fell asleep at Cheesecake Factory--what a good baby! :) Good luck getting her to sleep at night though! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com