Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Big Reveal!

So Jason and I went to the doctor on Thursday to find out what we were having. We were so excited! We had planned on going to Target to buy his or her first outfit after we found out and then revealing to our home group on Friday night with a fun dessert!

So what do you think we are having??? I played around with the old wives tales the past few weeks for fun and I'll let you be the judge if they had any merit =)

Old wives tales:

1. Carrying high = girl; Carrying low = boy - I think I'm carrying low so  BOY won this one

2. Craving sweet = girl; craving sour = boy - sweet it is GIRL

3. Heart rate under 140 = boy; over 140 = girl - they were all in the 160's so GIRL

4. Scrawny hair = girl; luscious hair = boy - my hair has been gross - GIRL

5. Feet colder during pregnancy = boy - not really so GIRL

6. Pull down the lower lids of your eyes if you see a V branch in your left eye = girl; right eye = boy; if its under both you are having twins or if its a singleton then girl wins out - I had them under both eyes so GIRL

7. Craving fruit =girl; craving meat = boy - fruit for me so GIRL

8. Chinese birth calendar  says its a GIRL

9. Mayan calendar - take year you conceived and age you conceived if both are even or odd = girl; if one is odd and the other even = boy - BOY

10. Breaking out like crazy you're having a girl - GIRL for me

11. Morning sickness = girl; not a lot of morning sickness = boy - GIRL

There is tons more but I'll stop there.  So if we tally them up BOY = 2 GIRL =9


So without further do our little baby is:


And here's her first little outfit that we bought for her:


Isn't it just darling?? We are so excited for this little precious gift that the Lord has given us and we are so very very thankful.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Yea!!!! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so excited for you and your husband! A sweet little girl to love on?! Wonderful news, friend! I loved reading those old wives tales--I haven't heard of half of those. Did you have any intuition either way? Did Jason? Now it's onto naming the sweet baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! Can't say I know any different, but I sure know they are fun! :) congrats to you and your hubs...PS: he is already in so much trouble...she will get whatever she wants I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Having a girl will be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com