I've been meaning to post this for awhile but it's better now than never =).
Jason and I bought an entertainment center almost 2 years ago off of craigslist for pretty cheap and I always had the intention of painting it black but as always - life got in the way. Besides, it didn't look too terribly bad with the whitewashed color it was, so I wasn't motivated to do anything about it immediately.
Well, several weeks ago, I decided to tackle the project. Jason and I went to Home Depot, bought all the supplies, and headed home. I have to give a special thanks to my husband because this project was just as much his as it was mine. He had to take apart all the doors and sand down the entertainment center before I could paint it. And he did it with only mild complaints =). This project took several weekends but I think it turned out awesome.

About to paint the shelves and doors to the entertainment center - I painted these at our old apartment

Painting the top of the entertainment center - at our new apartment!
Also, yes, I am wearing gloves. I learned the hard way with painting the doors that oil based paint doesn't come off easily. Since I didn't like the paint thinner that I had to apply to get rid of it because I don't like chemicals on me, I wore gloves to minimize paint getting on my hands.
*cough, cough* high maintenance cough* cough*

Trying to get down without falling

More painting

Putting on the second coat

All done with the painting and waiting to be put back together again

The pretty door knobs I got from Anthropologie - I heart that place.

THE FINISHED PROJECT !!!
Doesn't it look great??!
No comments:
Post a Comment