So you know how I said I was going to write more this week and get back to blogging? Well yeah that didn't happen. Jason and I went on vacation this past week with my family to Gatlinburg, TN to enjoy some time away and relax. Although while we were there, we had some things come up that weren't expected.
As I had said on Monday, I have been having some major Braxton Hicks contractions that had increased when we got to Tennessee. I thought it might have something to do with altitude so I stocked up on the water and did as much resting as I could. By Wednesday though, my contractions were getting ridiculous. Even with resting, I was having 3-4 an hour. I decided to take a shower that afternoon just to feel refreshed and after the shower, I had 8 contractions in one hour for 2 hours straight with back pain included. I called my doctor back home, and she told me to go the hospital.
They hooked me up to monitors and told me I was definitely contracting and that they were going to give me medicine to stop them. They checked my cervix (which is NOT FUN and PAINFUL, and I'm pretty sure I wanted to kick someone once they were done), and I wasn't dilating so that was good. I stayed there for a couple more hours and then was sent home. We decided to head home a day early and changed our flights to leave Thursday morning instead of Friday.
We followed up with my doctor when we got back and she told me that I probably have an irritable uterus (who knew there was such a thing) so it may be harder for me to distinguish between real contractions and the ones I'm having because I am having so many in a short amount of time. She told me I had to take it easy, and I can't go back to work until at least Thursday next week.
I would definitely ask for prayers that our little girl will stay in there until she is supposed to come out. Prayers that these contractions will subside enough that I can return to work for a little while longer.
I will definitely be blogging this week since I can't do anything but lie on the couch =)
So sorry to hear you've had a rough week! Sending good thoughts your way and praying that your little one stays put for a little while longer!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how stressful this was for you!! I am so glad they checked you out at the hospital and that things are under control for the time being. I'll be praying!!
ReplyDelete