Monday, June 11, 2012

28 weeks!



How far along: 28 weeks! Hello third trimester!

Baby size: Baby girl is about 16 inches and 2 1/2 pounds. She can blink her eyes and can probably see light that filters in through the womb. She's developing billions of neurons in her brain.

Maternity: Still a mix. This dress is pre-pregnancy. I do realize now that it's gapping in the back so it makes me look a lot wider - oh well. I'm huge and I know it. I did buy some shirts for work this week and a swimsuit! I can't wait to use that!

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty good. I wake up every couple of hours to go to the bathroom or to switch positions but I easily go back to sleep.

Best moment of the week: I had to go to labor and delivery last Wednesday just because our baby girl hadn't moved a lot that day and so my doctor just wanted to be proactive. I got to listen to her heartbeat for a good solid hour and got another ultrasound out of it. Our baby girl is definitely growing and doing just fine! I got to do a few craft projects for her this weekend and we got our crib and stroller in! Yay!

Movement: Minus the 24 hours that she was pretty quiet she is still moving pretty good. I absolutely love it. She has moved off my ribs this week and seems to be kicking a little lower.

Food cravings: Nothing new. Still like to have avocados in a lot of things and I still want fruit ALL THE TIME!

What I miss: Bending down is getting harder but not too bad.

What I'm looking forward to: We have another doctor appointment this week. I have the dreaded gestational diabetes screening this week and I'm hoping that I pass because I really don't want to do the three hour one.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I had a couple of contractions this weekend while lying in bed. They didn't last long but they weren't fun. They are just Braxton-Hicks contractions but they are definitely uncomfortable. I have developed the linea nigra but it looks more red on me than dark. The heartburn hasn't been as bad this week because I think our little girl moved down a little bit so that's been nice. I had some major abdominal pain this weekend but I think it's because she is going through a growth spurt again =).

Stretch marks: None so far!

Belly button: Getting flatter by the day!

*I promise to have some non-baby (or less baby) related posts soon. Our life is pretty boring right now =)*

1 comment:

  1. You look GREAT!!!! You'll get to meet your baby girl so soon :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com