How far along: 27 weeks!
Baby size: Our baby girl is weighing a little over 2 pounds and is about 15 inches long. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals and opening and closing her eyes. She may even be dreaming! While her lungs are still immature they would be capable of functioning if she was born right now.
Maternity: Still a mix. The clothes in this picture are maternity. My scrub tops at work are getting more snug so I'm probably going to have look into some shirts to go with scrub pants in the next week or two.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good. It doesn't take long for me once I turn off the lights to be out. I'm still waking up to go to the bathroom but that's to be expected now.
Best moment this week: This weekend Jason and I were able to recognize a body part when our little girl was moving. Jason had his hand on my side feeling her kick because she was up in my ribs and all of sudden one of her limbs clipped my rib (which hurt) and you could feel it move across my skin. It was the coolest thing. We ordered her stroller (thanks to my parents) and hopefully that will be in sometime this week.
Movement: She is moving a lot. She found my ribs this weekend and has been kicking around them. When I try to push her down off of them, she kicks really hard back - she's already fiesty!
Food cravings: Still craving fruit - lots and lots of fruit. Watermelon has definitely been the favorite in the last week. So yum!
What I miss: Nothing this week.
What I'm looking forward to: We're interviewing pediatricians this week and next week so hopefully we'll have someone picked out really soon. I'm planning on doing some craft projects and some planning for the nursery this weekend. It's kind of crazy to think she could be here in a little more than 10 weeks. I better get moving!
Pregnancy Symptoms: I've had some heartburn more days this week especially after dinner at night but it's not unbearable. My stomach has been more itchy this week probably because she's getting bigger and I'm stretching more. Back aches every now and then, but its in my upper thoracic area not my lower back for which I'm thankful.
Stretch Marks: None so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment