Monday, May 14, 2012

24 weeks!



How far along: 24 weeks!

Baby size: Baby girl is the size of an ear of corn this week. Lungs are developing branches and starting to produce surfactant that will help the lungs expand.

Maternity: A mix - this dress is pre-pregnancy. I'm trying to get the most out of my dresses before they just don't work anymore =).

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well. I'm not sleeping through the night much anymore. I either wake up to go to the bathroom or I need to switch positions. The latter always ends up with me going to the bathroom anyway.

Best moment of this week: We registered this weekend! It was a lot of fun but this pregnant girl was tired afterwards. Celebrating Mother's Day this weekend! Making it to viability week - not that I want our little one to be born this week but if she were - she would have a chance of survival. (But I would rather her stay and cook in there a little longer)

Movement: Her movements are getting stronger. My whole stomach is starting to move with some of them. She is definitely starting to push for prolonged periods more  - I guess she thinks she needs more room.

Food cravings: Chocolate milk and avocados (but not together). Fruit and ice cold water still sound amazing.

What I miss: Nothing really.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a doctor appointment this week so we'll get to hear her heartbeat again.

Pregnancy Symptoms: The abdominal pain is back this week. I think I may have overdid it with all the walking we did on Saturday while registering because my stomach hurt all day yesterday.  I even had to come home from work early today because it was hurting so bad. Also, I had a bad acne breakout this week.

Stretch marks: None so far!

Belly button: Innie but its getting closer to not being one.

4 comments:

  1. A-DORABLE!!! That's all I have to say to you. =)
    Chocolate milk and avocados? Don't know that they'd be a good mix... but it reminds me of the store Pickles and Ice Cream. Ahhh, pregnancy cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure registering was so so exciting! I hope that you are getting caught up on your rest though! And, Happy Belated Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good!!! my advice on maternity clothes..... You are going to most likely need them by the end. So pick up one or two pieces on occasion and it will save you the cost down the road. And stick to solids that you can mix and match with what you already have. It will stretch the wardrobe. Also wait on nursing bras (if you plan to nurse) until after your milk comes in. I was talked into buying 3 a month or so before C was born and the were ridiculously huge and past the point I could return them before I knew it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from Kelly's Korner! We're due September 2 with our baby girl...and I think you're the same Elizabeth who checked out my blog. :-) Best wishes for a continued healthy, happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com