To see Day 1 go HERE.

The skyline from the back of the ferry

So excited!

Land of the free and the home of the brave


I got really tired holding up the statue after about 5 minutes - ha!
We then headed over to Ellis Island.


The inside was really pretty and they had a museum all over the building. I was a nerd and read all the little plaques on the walls - some pretty interesting stuff.
After we left Battery Park, we went up to visit the World Trade Center sight before heading back to the midtown area.

We will never forget
We stopped at Starbucks for some afternoon sustenance and to rest our tired feet for a few minutes!
Yummy!
We then headed to go on a tour that drove you around to see different famous sites from movies and television and where famous people live around the area.

This is where John Lennon was shot

This is where Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis used to live

This is the cafe where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan's characters meet in You've Got Mail

Do you recognize this door? It's the Sheffield's residence in The Nanny!

The fountain that they used for the inspiration in the Friends theme song where they are dancing in the water
After the tour, we headed back to the hotel to get ready to go to:

Yep that's right - WICKED!!!!

Looking fab and ready to see the most wonderful play ever!
The stage before it started
During intermission, we bought some wine because that is what sophisticated people do at the theater =). They had their own specialty drinks for the play and I got the Glosmopolitan. We got a really cool cup with a lid that I got to keep which was a great souvenir!
It was delicious!
I was in complete heaven watching Wicked. The actors were fabulous, the music spectacular, and the atmosphere was wonderful. I sang the entire thing in my head with the actors. After it was over, I turned to Jason and asked if we could do it again. We stayed afterwards to meet the cast and I got a picture with the actress who played Glinda. I was ecstatic!!

Friday was long fun filled day but I went to sleep a very happy girl!
Thanks for the comment! Your trip to NYC looks like a blast and I love how you're documenting everything along the way :) Did your trip get cut short because of the storm??
ReplyDelete