Saturday, August 20, 2011

New York City: Day 1 and 1/2

*Disclaimer: I have almost 300 pictures that I took in NYC but I will spare boring you to tears and show you the highlights*

Jason and I got in to NYC on Wednesday afternoon and headed to our hotel. We got everything situated and then headed out to meet Jason's friend, Neel, who lives in NYC, for dinner. We met at this place called John's Pizzeria down in the theater district.

They had a really cool wall in the eating area that had a vintage picture of New York

The pizza was really good. I highly recommend it.

The next morning, we woke up before the sun to go stand in line to be in the crowd for the Today Show.

This is the sign we made for the show.

We got a really good spot but we had to get there really early to get it.

Bobby Flay was there and I was standing like 10 feet from him. I almost asked him if he enjoyed hanging out with the Pioneer Woman but I didn't.

The Rockettes were there and we got to see them do one of their performances. I wish I could move like that. They are very talented.

Hi Al!! He was so nice.

My picture with Matt. I almost died!!!!

Hi Ann!! She was so personable and probably the nicest.

After the Today Show, we headed over to the MET to culturize ourselves and look at some art.

Just a little tidbit: This where they filmed the scene in Hitch where Hitch meets Albert Brennaman for the first time and he spills mustard on his pants.

The pyramid tomb replica in the MET where they filmed a scene in When Harry Met Sally.

They had a roof garden on the top where you could buy food and enjoy the views of the city.
We then went to the NBC Studio tour to go see the insides of NBC productions like SNL and football night in America. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside but I snapped some before the tour started.
I'm official!!!

We then headed to the Empire State Building. We bought express passes so we got to bypass all the lines. It was totally worth the extra money.




Perfect time of day to be on top of the building

We then headed to go eat at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and then headed over to Magnolia Bakery for a cupcake. They were heavenly!!

It was a very busy busy day but we had a lot of fun. Although my feet were killing me.....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com