Friday, April 1, 2011

Show Us Your LIfe Fridays - Church Edition


I am so glad to be joining the show us your life series with the church edition!

I have grown up in church my whole life and have been blessed to be a part of congregations that have stretched me and shaped me in my walk with the Lord and for that I am thankful. Jason and I go to The Village Church at the Dallas campus now since we have lived here. The Village Church has three campuses: Flower Mound, Dallas, and Denton and each is great! The pastor, Matt Chandler, is awesome and each week preaches from the scriptures with a great and powerful message. The Lord truly has used him to reach so many and challenged me and so many others to not just attend church which is so easy to do in the Bible belt, but to live lives changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Not only do I love to go to services each week to hear the gospel preached but I love our home group. Home groups are how the Village Church creates community. Home groups can be from a small group of 6 to large groups of 20-30 people that meet together every week in homes and live life together. Jason and I have been so blessed with our home group. We are in a home group that consists of many young married couples, but also has a few singles and dating/engaged couples as well. We not only meet for Bible study but we hang out together during the week as well. Words can not express how thankful I am for these people in my life. Sadly I do not have pictures of any of us together, but in my defense, when we are together I'm laughing and having such a good time that I forget to take pics =).

Also, today was perfect timing to talk about my church because our church just released a CD of songs that people in our church have written over the years and we have sung at our church. The CD is on ITunes and I highly recommend that you get it. It's called God of Victory - please go buy it - it is amazing! In fact, I'm listening to it right now =).


I hope and pray that if you don't have a home church in your area that maybe through this you will be able to find one and go visit. And if you live in the Dallas area, stop by The Village Church - you will love it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have family in Dallas (I'm in Austin) and know many who have gone to the Village. I stay up-to-date with Matt and his treatment via twitter. Praying that God will heal him completely! The Village is doing great work for the Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com