Jason and I spent Christmas in Amarillo this year and I could not have been more excited! I was so ready to see my family and to see my hometown. I secretly (ok maybe not so secretly) miss Amarillo a lot and couldn't wait to go visit. I had been hoping for the past month that I would get snow for a Christmas present since they had snow the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Well - I definitely got snow for Christmas! It snowed in Amarillo and all the way down to Dallas. Jason and I had to drive in horrible road conditions to get to Amarillo but we made it safe and sound. It took us TEN hours to get there when it usually takes about six. There were times when we couldn't see the road in front of us and it took two hours to go 50 miles. But it was definitely worth it. I enjoyed seeing the snow even though it took us forever to get to our destination. Since I wasn't driving I decided to take a few pictures to mark our crazy drive:
Enjoying the drive before it got too bad...
Can you see the road??! Don't worry - neither could we!
My passenger side window....yikes!
After the never ending drive - we made it to my parent's house and hung out until we opened our Christmas presents. In our family, we open our presents from each other on Christmas Eve and then open our stockings and gifts from "Santa" on Christmas morning. I love opening presents but I get more joy out of watching other people open the presents we got them. The kids are especially great because their whole face lights up as they open their gifts. It's absolutely precious. The whole opening presents thing goes by so quickly and before you know it - its over and your buried underneath a pile of wrapping paper =)
Kaydence opening her gift from me and Uncle Jason - a Barbie guitar!
Blake opening our present to him - hot wheels and race center!
The puzzle my parents got the kids - that puzzle was put together a lot that weekend
Ready for the stage!
Christmas morning I started getting phone calls at 7 in the AM at my hotel from my nephew asking when we were coming over so they could open presents because Santa had been there. We got there an hour later and several phone calls later ( I don't know if its a good thing that the kids have figured out how to use the cell phone without adult help - haha) and spent more times opening gifts and stockings.
A karoke machine!! We had good times with that!
The rest of the weekend was spent eating and spending time with the family at the house. It was so great to spend time with them and I wish that they lived closer. We had a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment