Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I can not believe that it is already 2010! I feel like it was yesterday that we were ringing in the year 2000 with its Y2K scare and all. People keep telling me that is what happens when you get older - that time seems to go by so much more quickly - and I think they may be right. Except I don't want to get older =). Oh well.

Jason and I rang in the New Year with some friends of ours. It was very low key but was so much fun. We played Balderdash and ate a whole bunch of yummy food. Jason had a hard time staying up until midnight but he did - probably because I kept bugging him =) I had to have my New Year's kiss.=) Later that day, we had New Year's lunch with Jason's aunt and uncle. We had the traditional food of pork, cabbage, and black eyed peas so we can have health, wealth, and prosperity (if you believe in that kind of stuff =P) Does anybody else have the traditional meal? I'm thinking that it must be a southern thing because I have a friend that grew up in the north and had never heard of this tradition.

I haven't decided if I am going to make New Year's resolution this year. Last year, I made resolutions and to motivate me I wrote a list, printed it out and placed it on my refrigerator. Well....I didn't keep any of my resolutions last year even though I saw them every time I went in to the kitchen. I don't know if I can take that kind of disappointment again. Maybe I can just make a resolution that I will have a great 2010! That shouldn't be too hard, right?? Did anyone else make resolutions for the New Year? Or do you think that they are silly?

Here's to a very happy and wonderful 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com