Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Book Review


A book review right before Christmas before I get a new set of books to read!

Death by Suburb
Rating: 8.5


This book I read for a girls bible study I attend on Monday nights. The book is about how the suburbs can make you miss the deeper life of Christ because of all the things we tend to pursue while living in the suburbs. It illustrates 10 different "toxins" that tend to be in suburb life and then provides the spiritual "practice" to counteract the toxin. For example: The toxin: I need to get more done in less time and the practice: Falling in love with a day. I really enjoyed this book and it revealed to me some things that I have allowed the culture that I live in to rob me of greater joy in Christ.

I gave it an 8.5 because the author likes to tell stories and go off on bunny trails that sometimes can make me lose track of what the point was or what I was actually reading so I have to retrace my steps. So if that kind of stuff frustrates you - this may not be the book for you. =)
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com