Tuesday night changed my life. I met THE Pioneer Woman. That's right. I met her!!! It was so awesome. It was well worth the 4 hours of waiting at Borders for her to finally sign my cookbook and talk to her for like 20 seconds. I am completely star struck. Not that Ree thinks of herself as a star or anything but she is famous whether she thinks she is or not. It was such a great day!!
Jennifer, my friend from work, and I went and got our wristbands for the signing on our lunch break on Tuesday, and I am so glad that we did. They gave different color wrist bands to every 100 people and there were 8 colors. We were red - the second color to be distributed. After work, we headed over there to make sure we got a parking spot and get in line. Around 6:30, they started lining us up by color and at 7:10 - Ree showed up!!! She was so sweet and adorable just like I thought she would be. She thanked everyone for coming and then answered the question that everybody wanted to know - that yes, she will be publishing her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels romance story!! I am so excited and don't worry - I will be at that book signing too!! After 3 hours of waiting in line, I finally got to meet The Pioneer Woman. She was so nice and kept joking that everyone was type A except for her. She also gave out the t-shirts that she posted on her website to everyone that came. Bonus! We had so much fun and I can't wait to do it again.

So excited to meet Ree!!

So is Jennifer!
Waiting in line to see Ree!
And this is what we waited by before the line moved. We didn't read any of it though. Go ahead and say it - real mature to take picture Elizabeth. Thanks. I know.

HI!
So far to go....
Getting closer...

We love Ree more than we love our luggage!!
No comments:
Post a Comment