Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Best Laid Plans

Have you ever been excited for something because you just knew that someone you loved was going to love it and you couldn't wait to see their reaction? And then it happens and that person absolutely hates it?   Yeah that happened to me last week.

E loves fire trucks, ambulances, buses, helicopters, trains etc and talks about them all the time while we are out and about around town. So when I found out that a library near us was having a Big Vehicle Day I immediately made plans to attend.

Last Wednesday finally arrived,  and I was so excited to take E to see all the vehicles. We got there around 10 and dreams of us having so much fun looking at everything and taking pictures made me smile. And then....E became terrified of everything she saw. She refused to walk, refused to sit on anything, and cried and panicked when we got near or on any of the transportation devices. Now granted it was a million degrees outside ( I may have sweated so badly it looked like I had taken a shower) but I had no idea why she became so terrified of all the things that she loves to point out all the time.

We tried to look at some of them but it became apparent that she wasn't going to have any of it. We did get to go to the helicopter and with a lot of talk about it she did sit in the chair for a picture. We then quickly made our exit.

I feel really bad that she hated it. It made me so sad to see her upset because I have no idea what caused it. Oh well. Maybe next year she will like it better =) Either way it makes for a good story. Best laid plans right?


The fire truck and ambulance were there but had to leave right as I was snapping this picture. There was an emergency they had to attend.


 Sitting in the helicopter 




You can't see the buckets of sweat coming off my forehead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com