Friday, July 11, 2014

4th of July Weekend (a week late)

We had such a great fourth of July! I love 3 day weekends!!

E and I had a play date on Thursday with some friends, and we did a fun little craft while we were at the park. 

Isn't it cute? I love that I'll get to have it for years to come. I want to start doing canvases for each holiday so I can have a collection of these for the years to come all over my mantle.  We played with bubbles before we left the park. My girl loves her some bubbles. 


On Friday, we went to a parade in a nearby town. We played at the park first, and then sat on the side of the road to watch all the floats and see the fire trucks.  I loved the parade. It was really cute,  and E is still talking about it a week later. 


Playing at the park with her daddy 



Looking at the horses. She wanted to ride them. 

Isn't this the coolest float???




My sweet American beauty


We went to eat BBQ at Dickies for lunch because nothing says America more than BBQ. It was delicious. 

After nap, we went on a little family walk to feed the ducks and to have a photo op because E looked so cute in her little outfit!


 

She was trying to give the ducks bread but they didn't want to be near her and she didn't want to throw it. 





Favorite photo from the walk! 






 No fireworks for us this year because E still needs her bedtime. =)

On Saturday, we went to the BRIT in Fort Worth for their farmer's market and story time with Bella (the puppet). The story time was perfect. It kept E engaged and was short and sweet. We enjoyed looking at all the things that were sold at the market too. We got some yummy bread that is almost completely gone now. 



They had these cool activities set up outside that had to do with the book that they read. The book was about water and rain. They also had tables to paint with sponges because the books illustrations were made with just sponges. 



The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and enjoying family time. Hope everyone had a great Fourth!

1 comment:

  1. I love the flag canvas!! Her little handprint is so sweet. I am going to have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com