
Dear E,
You are one month old today! I can't believe you have been here that long, and yet it seems like you have always been here. We are so blessed to be your parents, and we cant wait to watch you grow and see who you become. You have turned our world completely upside down.
Our days aren't very scheduled. I try to put you on a schedule and you seem to change it whenever you feel like it. Kind of like when you were born. We had planned to induce on the 28th but my water broke on the 26th. You've been showing me you have your own set of plans from the beginning sweet girl. I'm hoping this next month we can hopefully get you on somewhat of a schedule. You usually eat every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours during the day and then go 3 1/2 to 4 hours at night. Although sometimes, you are hungry an hour after you eat so it's just hit or miss.
You have been suffering from acid reflux. I thought you had it several weeks ago, but the nurses and pediatrician kept telling me that spit up was normal. Then last week, it got extremely worse. You cried when feeding, you cried in your sleep if I laid you on your back, you got the hiccups constantly, you spit up after EVERY meal and I swear it was your entire meal, and you even had some projectile spit up. It broke my heart to see you hurting and finally the doctor said it was acid reflux. We started you on OTC Prevacid yesterday, and I'm hoping that in the next couple of days we can see an improvement. I hate acid reflux just as much as you do, sweet pea.



You've had many firsts too: your first bath, your first walk in your stroller, first doctor appointment. You take them all in stride with only a little bit of a fuss =) As of Monday, you weigh 10 pounds even and are 21 inches long! You can still wear newborn clothes but are filling them out quickly. I have started putting you in some 0-3 month clothes but they are still a little big on you especially the pants/shorts. You wear newborn to size 1 diapers but we have started putting you in cloth diapers at home several times a day and will probably make the full transition to cloth diapers in the next month.
You love tummy time and being held. I think you would be content being held all the time if I could do that. You are just the most precious little girl and I love spending my days with you. Your dad and I have enjoyed every minute of this month and we can't wait to see what happens this next month.
With all our love,
Mommy & Daddy







What a precious baby girl!! You'll have to share about the transition to cloth diapers!! xo, Viv
ReplyDeleteI too am curious about cloth diapers on a newborn. Did you do new born sizes or the one size?
ReplyDeleteYou can tell this little girl is so loved and I’m so happy for you guys!
She's so sweet, happy 1 month!
ReplyDeleteoh, she is precious!
ReplyDelete