Week 1
Likes:
Sleeping
Being swaddled
Being held
Dislikes:
Being cold
Sweet Elyanah has changed our lives. She is having some issues with latching for breastfeeding but we are pushing through it. We met with a lactation consultant at the hospital who has been very helpful. She sleeps a lot and we just love holding her. We are so thankful for this precious gift.
Week 2:
Likes:
Swaddled but with her arms out - girl likes her arms spread wide out when she sleeps
Being held
Eating
Dislikes:
Being wet or dirty
Not being fed in a timely manner (five seconds after she decides that she is hungry)
Elyanah is doing well. Still sleeping a lot during the day and thinking that night time is for play =). Breastfeeding is still a work in progress but we had yet another lactation appointment and I think after this one that we are starting to get a rhythm.
Week 3:
Likes:
Eating
Lying on her tummy on our chests
Tummy time for about 3-4 minutes
Dislikes:
Being wet or dirty
Shirts going over her head - she freaks out if I don't get it off her head quickly
Elyanah is having more wake time during the day sometimes for 30-40 minutes after a feeding but still likes to sleep for most of the afternoon. Breastfeeding is getting better and she is gaining weight well. She went to the doctor on Friday and weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces! She is sleeping better at night and only a couple of times has stayed awake for more than an hour after a feeding but I think that was because her tummy was hurting her. I think I may have to watch what I'm eating - mainly dairy- and see if that changes anything. She met her BFF, Taryn, this week. I see them playing often in the years to come. She is just so precious, and we can't get enough of her. I can't believe she will almost be a month old in a week!





She is darling, Elizabeth! Love the chin roll in week 3 :)
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute! Congratulations! I just love giant bows on tiny heads! :-)
ReplyDelete