Sunday, March 27, 2011

Family Trip Day 3

I'm finally posting about our last day and a half in Branson. =) Monday was COLD in Branson. When we left on Saturday, I packed for 55 degree weather and the weather people were wrong. It did not get above 38 that day and I froze my tail off, but I still had fun. We had another low key morning and then headed out for lunch. We ate at place called San Fransisco Oven. It was alright but nothing spectacular. It was Jason's birthday that day so we tried to do some things that he really wanted to do that day so after lunch we headed to Stone Hill Winery for a tour and wine tasting.



Jason and I at lunch

The winery was really neat and we got to sample a lot of their wines. They had some pretty good ones but I usually like really really really sweet wine. The dry wines gross me out.



My wine glass and list of wines that we tried during the tasting

The sparkling raspberry juice was my favorite



This is what the kids did while we tasted wine. Kaydence took a nap on my mom and Blake took pictures with the camera. Funny story: At the end, they were giving out grape juice to the kids and underage people and Meagan asked Blake if he wanted some to drink. Blake got really wide eyes and said "no i'll go to jail." Ha! He knew he wasn't supposed to have the stuff at the table and thought that was what his mom was given him.

After the winery Jason and I drove around the lake in Branson just to see what it looked like. I think it would have been a lot prettier if it wasn't so cold and dreary that day.




We went back to the condo and ate dinner and then Jason and I went to a show called Six. Six is a group of six brothers who sing songs using only their voices for all the sounds. It was really awesome.





Taking a quick pic right before the show. We weren't allowed to take pics once the show started so no pics of that. Sorry!

The next day, we got up and packed up and headed out. We were sad to leave and sad it was so short but it was great to hang out with my family for a bit. Can't wait for the next family vacation.

Have to end with two cute pics of the niece and nephew with firehats when we ate a Firehouse Subs on the way home.




So cute!!



No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com