The next day we had a pretty lazy morning, Enjoying the scenery on our balcony and family time. Kaydence entertained herself by pretending to shoot birds with her *pink* toy gun.

We left to go to lunch and then headed out to the Fantastic Caverns right outside Springfield, MO. It is the only cave in America that is big enough that you can drive through it and so they have jeeps that they drive you around in to look at the scenery. It was definitely worth the drive to go and see it.

In the caves on the jeep

Isn't that just absolutely amazing??

This structure was called Angel Wings (obviously)

The first people to explore the cave were women who responded to an ad in the paper in the early 1900's. Way to go women for going by yourself and not being so dainty. They wrote their names on the wall before they left.

These are in the hall of giants
In the prohibition era, this cave was used an underground tavern for illegal drinking and in the 40-60s they used it as a concert place on Friday night. This is the stage they used during the concerts. After the caverns, we drove back to Branson and visited the Titanic Museum. I had been looking forward to this all day (call me a nerd). The museum was filled with artifacts from the Titanic donated by various people over the years. They also gave you a card at the beginning of going through the tour about a person who was on the boat and little bit about them. At the very end, there was a wall of all the people aboard the Titanic and you could find out if you made it or not. I found the museum very interesting and would greatly recommend you go see it if you are in the area!

The front of the museum


In front of the iceberg

Something I found very interesting in the museum was this book. It was written by a woman aboard the Titanic who survived along with her children. The child had taken a stuffed polar bear with him on board the Titanic. After the ship sank and they were back in America, his mother decided to write a story about the Titanic from the point of view of the bear to help her kids cope with the stress of the ship sinking. Am I the only one that didn't know about this book? I thought it was brilliant. Anyways, I went ahead and bought a copy so that one day I could read it to my kids, and they can learn about the Titanic.
After the museum, we all went back to the condo and played Bananagrams!!! It was fun and intense for several hours of play. I think this may be a favorite game now of the family. My mom kept yelling bananas before all the tiles were in play and would get so mad because she couldn't be finished. Ha!
It was a long fun filled day!

No comments:
Post a Comment