The Academy Awards nominations were announced this past Tuesday. I LOVE the Academy Awards. In fact, my shampoo bottle has acted as my own oscar as I perform my speech for Best Actress over the years =). Well, I've decided that I am going to do my best to see all of the best picture of the year nominations before the awards on February 27. So far - I have only seen one. I know this is definitely a far fetched goal but I want to at least see 70% of them so I can cast my vote and see if I agree with the Academy. In case you are wondering here is the list:
Black Swan
Toy Story 3
Inception - seen this one =)
True Grit
127 Hours
Winter's Bone
The Kids Are Alright
The Social Network
The King's Speech
The Fighter
So all I have to do is see is SIX more movies and then I can get the cliff notes on the others and then make my choice. Any that you recommend over the others? Wish me luck!!
Black Swan is CRAZY! I don't know that I would recommend it. It was obvious that the directors' intent was to make you believe that you yourself are going insane. They did an excellent job, but losing your mind is NOT a pleasant experience. PLUS. there were several scenes that are incredibly awkward to watch. Visuals I wish I could get out of my head but will be burned in there forever.
ReplyDelete