Tuesday, October 8, 2013

13 months!

I can't believe that E is 13 months. I 'm not doing letters on the ol' blog (I'll be saving those for her journal) but wanted to write things down that she is doing for my little memory.


Things  you are doing right now: 

  • You will throw your hands up in the air and wait for me to say "Ta da!". When I say it, you get this huge grin on your face.
  • You love clothes. You love to lie in piles of laundry when I'm folding them. When we are at a store, you will point at the clothes when we walk by. If I want to look at clothes, I have to give you  a piece of clothing to hold/play with so that I shop for 5 minutes in peace =). 
  • You love the song "This Little Light of Mine" and love for me to sing it to all the time. You will spin your finger around so that I will start singing it. Sometimes I will look back in the rearview mirror and you are staring at me spinning your finger just waiting for me to sing it. Ha!
  • You also will put your hands on your head so that I will sing "Head and Shoulders"
  • You have always been cuddly but you have been extra cuddly after naps and I am soaking it up.
  • You are having major separation anxiety right now. You will cling to me for dear life when the babysitter comes to the house or I hand you off to the nursery worker at church. Breaks. My. Heart.
  • You will do a really cheesy grin if I say "cheese" when I take your picture.
  • I bought a jacket for the winter for you and you want me to put it on you when you see it. You will walk around in the house with it on and you are so excited about it. Maybe this means you like cold weather more?
  • Whenever you see your Uncle Jordan (who lives with us), you will click your tongue and he will of course click right back. You don't do this with anyone else and I swear you think its his name. Haha.
  • You have a play kitchen and you are constantly pretending to stir things with all your utensils.
  • You will also pour me coffee from your kitchen. You will walk across the whole kitchen/living room to pour me coffee if I ask for it. 
  • You still love to dance!
  • You can now turn your sound machine on/off with your feet like mommy and are so proud of yourself.
  • You love having "naked" time at the end of the day. We strip you down to your diaper for the last hour you are awake and you just have the best time
  • You can point to your head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, belly, feet and toes when asked where they are. You will stick your tongue out when asked where your tongue is. 
  • When I'm nursing you, you will stick your finger in my mouth and I will say "tongue" and you will pop off and stick your tongue out at me. So cute.
  • You started swim lessons this month. It doesn't bother you that the water is cold and it doesn't really phase you when I dunk you under the water. You are definitely a water baby. 
  • You will point and say "stop" to things you aren't supposed to touch (i.e. plugs) although that doesn't keep you from touching them all the time =). You will go to several things in a row that you aren't supposed to touch and say "stop!". So funny!

Words you can say: dog, stop, ball, bug (for ladybugs in pictures), toes, and balloon

New foods: pickles, raspberries, chicken nuggets, corn, and you drank from mommy's cup

You nap 2 times a day for about 45-60 minutes. You go to bed at 7:30 and wake up between 6-6:30. You are still not a very good night sleeper but I hope that will change when you are older. 

I am just completely amazed at how much you know! You are a little sponge,and you amaze me every day with what you can understand. You can point at so many things in picture books and you are so curious about everything. 


Love you my sugar pie! My little blessing from above. 

1 comment:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com