Friday, November 2, 2012

Two Months!


Dear E,

You are two months old now! (as of last Saturday)I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday that you were born. I feel I will blink and I will be writing your 3 month post - stop growing! You are the light of our lives and we can't imagine life without you.


First things first, we have had a rough month with your acid reflux. It has broken our hearts just to see you cry and grunt. I can't tell you how many doctor appointments and lactation consultant appointments I have been to this month. They have told me a slew of different things that would be causing your discomfort even though I kept telling them it was your acid reflux. Finally, we went to an occupational therapist for a feeding eval on Friday and she confirmed what I have thought all along. You have moderate to severe acid reflux which is causing you to choke, gag, and wake up from your sleep. She suggested we try rice cereal with my breast milk in a bottle for half our feedings especially at night to see if that helps. We also will be getting a wedge for a trial for a few days and I'm hoping with all of that we can finally get you to sleep better and be somewhat comfortable. Your mom and dad will not stop fighting to finally get the answers to help you.






You have changed so much this month and I can already see parts of your personality coming out. You  started smiling at your mommy and daddy several weeks ago. It melts our hearts and we love to make you smile. It is the most precious, most beautiful thing in the world. I have only caught it a couple of times on camera. I think you like to save it just for us. You are swatting at things with your arms and have knocked off my glasses several times when you get going. You look at rattles and follow them with your eyes. You are starting to enjoy your books that we read to you and will look at the pages. You hold your head up really well at our shoulders and are starting to push through your arms from the floor during tummy time. You also have started to notice your hands and will "clasp" them together and it looks like you are thinking hard about something.



You love bath time except when we take you out, but who likes to be cold?? We still use the newborn sling because you just aren't quite big enough to fit in the tub. We tried once and you slipped and slid several times and you weren't a fan. You LOVE Taylor Swift!   I mean love her! If I play her music you will calm down and usually fall asleep. I think I might have listened to her a lot when you were inside me - you would move a lot when I played it then too. You are also cooing back at us when we talk to you. We absolutely adore it! You are happiest in the mornings. You will smile and coo a lot. You did not get that from your momma =). Although when you are upset, you let the world know. You put that bottom lip out and have the biggest tears. It tears at our heart strings for sure.


You weigh 12 pounds and 10 ounces and are 22 inches long. The rolls on your legs, arms and chin are just so lovable and your daddy and I love to kiss them a lot. You are wearing 0-3 months and 3 months clothing and are in size 1 diapers. We were using cloth diapers but you got a horrible diaper rash that needed a prescription. It's clearing up now so hopefully we can put you back in cloth diapers soon. You had your first outing that wasn't doctor related to where else - Target! You slept the whole time but don't worry we will go there a lot and you will learn to love it. We also took you to the pumpkin patch.


You had several visitors this month. Your Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Justin and your cousins, Karis and Kaelyn came to visit you and so did your Maw Maw and Aunt Minette. Some friends came over to my house for a Pampered Chef party, and they got to see you for a minute before you headed to bed as well.


You are the light of our lives, E. You are just the most perfect gift and we thank God for you. We can't wait to see what this next month brings.


Love,
Mommy and Daddy



No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com