Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap!

We had such a great Thanksgiving break. However,  both Jason and I came down with colds so I'm covering myself in hand sanitizer and praying that E doesn't get it. My parents came down on Wednesday night and came over on Thursday morning.




We watched the Thanksgiving parade and Jason started the turkey. E enjoyed watching the parade, and I hope it's tradition that she enjoys for years to come just like I did growing up. I made a sweet potato casserole that I make every year, and I tried a new recipe for stuffing from the Pioneer Woman. The stuffing was awesome. I even took out the sausage and made it a vegetarian dish and it still turned out well. We also had mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, and loads of pies - thanks to my mom!



My yummy plate

After our late lunch, we went over to my aunt's house to visit for a bit and then came back home. My parents and I ran to Target because I just happened to run out of something that I couldn't wait the next day to get. Oh my goodness. Target was insane. I picked up a couple of things for gifts since I was there and then went to stand in line. The line was all the way to the back of the store to check out and if I didn't need to get something I would have just left. Never again. Black Friday or in this case Thursday is just not worth it.

This was just a portion of the line to check out

On Saturday, Jason and I got to go out on a date!! We hadn't been out alone since E was born so it was nice to have some time together. We went and saw Breaking Dawn Part 2 and then went and had lunch. Breaking Dawn was really good, and in my opinion, the best movie in the series. The ending was crazy and that's all I will say about it =)  Later that night, we headed to the Gaylord to take Christmas card photos. Getting a baby to look at the camera is definitely a challenge. Here are some outtakes:





If you live in the area, I highly recommend going to the Gaylord. The inside is decorated so pretty for Christmas and you can get some great pictures in there.



Sunday was spent getting ready for the week and having coffee with a good friend. I was sad to see the weekend go away. E's first Thanksgiving was a success and one that I will always remember. So much to be thankful for and she is definitely the biggest blessing.


Our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3 

1 comment:

  1. What a great holiday! The Gaylord looks so pretty- we are going there in a couple weeks for a Christmas party, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com