Monday, August 20, 2012

38 weeks!



How far along: 38 weeks!

Baby size: Our little girl continues to plump up. We will find out more precise measurements at her ultrasound on Thursday but she should weight at least 6 1/2 pounds and be about 19 inches long. Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb and she has a firm grasp (got to love those reflexes!)

Maternity: Still wearing maternity clothes. Around the house it's usually some athletic shorts and a maternity shirt. I love my dresses when I'm out and about - they are just so comfortable.

Sleep: Well, I knew this day would come but sleep has not been fun for me this past week. I am waking up to my stomach as hard as a rock every hour and a half and then I just decide to get up and go to the bathroom since I'm awake. I'm more tired throughout the day and get worn out quickly, but luckily since I'm not at work, I've been able to sneak a few naps in and just rest. Even though I feel lazy, I know I will be thankful I had that time because once she gets here that won't happen quite as often!

Best moment this week: I feel like things are coming together for being ready for her. Our bags are packed, diapers are washed, clothes are washed, her nursery is getting final touches on it, and I'm enjoying my time being at home. Jason's work threw us a baby shower over their lunch break last Thursday and it was so cute and we are so thankful. It's exciting to see people just as excited as we are about our bundle of joy.

Movement: She is still moving and her movements are starting to hurt! We were in the movies on Saturday afternoon and she did something in there that took my breath away. However, I'm really going to miss all those little kicks and movements once she is out of me.

Food cravings: I had a craving for a s'more the other day. I've been craving more sweets the past week and I'm trying really hard to not give into it all the time.

What I miss: I definitely miss the better sleep I was having up until this week. Other than that, nothing.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and we will have an ultrasound to see if our little girl decided to move head down again. In less than a week, our little girl will be here!! If she decides to not come on her own, then we have a scheduled induction for next Monday, August 27. So exciting that I will be holding my precious girl in my arms by then!!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Mild swelling in my fingers so I can't put my rings on but I don't think my ankles have really been noticeably different. I'm getting tired quickly doing things around the house or running a couple of errands. I'm still getting out of breath which means I don't think she has dropped yet. I've had a little bit of heartburn as well this week.

Stretch Marks: None! Hoping this last week doesn't change that!

Belly button: Flat but not out!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it to 38 weeks! I am so excited for you as you just have a few more weeks left--or have you already delivered?! :) Also are you using cloth diapers? Which kind are you going with? I am so interested in those! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com