How far along: 37 weeks! We made it full term! She can come anytime now! Yay!
Baby size: She is the size of a watermelon this week (which I totally believe). She is about 19-22 inches long and weighing about 6 1/2 pounds. Her lungs are still maturing but should be fine is she is born today. She is still shedding her lanugo and vernix.
Maternity: Definitely rocking the maternity clothes and my wonderful elastic shorts. I'm borrowing Jason's shirts at night to sleep in because even though my t-shirts fit for sleeping, they are just so snug, and I would rather be comfortable. Jason seems to be ok with it =).
Sleep: Getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom plus waking up to my stomach contracting is wearing at me. I'm hoping these next 2 weeks that I'll be able to get some naps in during the day since I won't be doing a whole lot of sleeping once she gets here.
Best moment this week: Making it to full term!!! I'm so thankful that although I've had contractions for the last 6 weeks that it hasn't caused her to come early. She could come any day and perfectly healthy! I'm also enjoying that my last day of work was last Friday! I'm so excited to be able to stay home with my little girl and I can't wait. Hopefully she will give me a little more time to get everything ready for her.
Movement: Still a moving. She has been doing this thing where she is pushing with her legs (I think) on one side of my stomach and then her butt or back pushes out on the other side. It spreads out my stomach quite a lot, and she does it at least 5-7 times in a row.
Food cravings: I'm not really craving anything. I'm hungry randomly in the middle of the night but nothing else.
What I miss: Not being out of breath by doing the most mundane tasks - ha! Seriously it feels like I have ran a mile sometimes with all the shortness of breath I've been having.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting things ready for her! Now that I'm not working and I don't have to worry about keeping the contractions at a minimum I have tons of things on my list. I'm doing laundry for her and starting to wash her cloth diapers. We've put up the pack and play and the car seat is in the car. It's just so exciting to get everything ready for her to come any day now! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm looking forward to hearing her pretty little heartbeat.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still having contractions and getting up at night to go the bathroom. I get tired more easily so I'm having to take lots more breaks to get things done around the house. I can't wear my wedding rings anymore =). I can get them on in the morning but they get tighter as I wear them, and I'm just afraid that one day I won't be able to get them off. So for now they are put away until after she gets here.
Stretch marks: Still none!!!

Yay for no more work!! Rest up before the baby comes! :)
ReplyDelete