Monday, August 6, 2012

36 weeks!


How far along: 36 weeks!

Baby size: Our little girl is about 6 pounds and 18-19 inches long. She is shedding most of her downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseousa. She will swallow both of these substances that will come out as meconium when she is born.

Maternity: Still wearing the maternity clothes. They are just so comfortable around my belly right now.

Sleep: I'm sleeping ok. I am definitely getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom just because it causes me to contract so much if I don't. Plus the Olympics aren't helping because I MUST stay up and watch it all =).

Best moment this week: We had our big baby shower this weekend and we are so overwhelmed by the gifts that we received from our friends and family. It was so humbling to see how much we are loved and how excited others are for our little girl to arrive as well. We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and we have a scheduled c-section date of August 27! (unless she decides to flip then it will induction day or unless she comes earlier on her own). It's so exciting to know that our baby girl will be here in 3 weeks or less!

Movement: Still moving a ton! My whole stomach moves when she really gets going. I just love the movements, and it's one of the most amazing and coolest things ever. I truly am going to miss that part of pregnancy the most.

Food cravings: Fruit! I'm starting to want a lot more sweets like ice cream and cookies a lot more and I'm trying to refrain from giving in to all of them.

What I miss: Bending down or having to reach for anything that requires me to bend my knees in general with ease.

What I'm looking forward to: As of this coming Friday, I'll be a stay at home mom! I'm so thankful that we are going to be able to do this. I plan on doing some home health on the side but for the most part, my job will be full time mom to our little girl and I can't wait! Hopefully these next couple of weeks I'm off I'll be able to get all the last minute things I want to get done unless our little one has other plans =).

Pregnancy Symptoms: My stomach has been very itchy this week so I've been lathering on the lotion quite a bit. Feeling like I need to go to the bathroom all the time and getting out of breath very quickly even when I'm just having a conversation with someone.

Stretch marks: None!

Belly button: Still flat - it hasn't popped out yet.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the end of your work is so close! I really hope that you are able to relax and enjoy a few days before the baby makes its debut! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com