Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Fun and the Scariest Moment of My Life

I know what a title right? Well the last part I will get to in a moment but let's talk about the fun first.

We drove up to Oklahoma on Saturday morning to see Jason's brother, wife and 2 kids and to celebrate our niece's birthday! We were excited to go see their new house and have some fun together. E had woken up with a slight cough but she was acting fine and didn't have a fever so we went ahead and continued with our plans for the weekend.

We made it to his brother's house and had a fun afternoon of playing and hanging out.

Look at E on the big girl swing with barely any help. Don't worry - we weren't swinging fast.



  Cousins having fun in the car



We then went to our niece's birthday party! She turned 5, and it was a Fancy Nancy party at the bowling alley. It was a good time.
Little sister bowling




Birthday girl making some really cute stances as she watches her ball hit the pins


E didn't bowl but she had a grand time walking up and down the stairs and ramps and cheering for everyone. 



Singing Happy Birthday 


Now for the scariest moment of my life: About 20 minutes before the party was over, I felt E's forehead, and it felt kind of warm. I told Jason, and I figured we would check it when we got back to his brother's house. I wasn't too worried because she wasn't acting any different and had been playing for the last 2 hours. When the party was over, we got in the car and headed back to his brother's house.  When we got there, I carried some stuff in and Jason got E out of her carseat. As I was setting stuff down in the room we were staying in, I heard Jason yelling for me. I walked out into the living room and Jason said "Something is wrong". I ran over there and E was stiff and twitching and had turned gray and was foaming at the mouth. I started screaming and crying. Jason's brother called 911. Jason brought her over to the couch and laid her down. She was still seizing but was breathing (Thank God!) and Jason was rubbing her chest. After about 4 minutes, she came out of it and at that point the ambulance showed up. They looked her over and told us she had a febrile seizure. We took her temperature and it was 103! So they told us to take her to the hospital which was 5 minutes down the road. So we took her there to get looked over. She tested negative for flu and RSV. So we were told to alternate Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours. We headed back home in the morning so we could be closer to our doctors.

Hanging out in the triage room with Daddy


Getting antsy at the hospital and it's past her bedtime


Ya'll I can't tell you how scared I was. I was so hysterical. I am so thankful that she is ok now. I took her to the doctor today and it turns out she has strep. So we are on antibiotics and hoping it clears up soon. She still has a fever, and it is still spiking at times so we are giving her Motrin when needed. Thankful for the Lord's protection over her. So so thankful! 

2 comments:

  1. That is totally the scariest thing!! I don't know much about those kinds of seizures--is it because her fever got too high? I am so glad she is OK. I would've done the same thing in bringing her home to be around your own doctors. You are such a good momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is incredibly scary! I am SO glad she is okay...and that mommy survived too. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com