- Lack of coordination + crutches + me = disaster waiting to happen
- That no matter how hard I try – I will always be 5 to 10 minutes late to the scheduled time I am supposed to arrive. Love me in spite of it.
- Life is short and death is coming for us all – you can’t escape it. Our pastor, Matt Chandler, has talked about this in so many of his sermons. and this year I finally feel it has become real to me. With people I know who have lost loved ones unexpectedly, my own experience with my dad’s heart surgery, and watching our pastor Matt fight for his life against brain cancer, you can’t put your hope in that you have tomorrow.
- “Be who are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” I am SLOWLY learning this concept. I can’t be everyone’s friend even though I want to (It’s the people pleaser in me). Some people are not going to be my friend not because they or I are not likeable, but there’s not that friendship connection. And I’m learning that’s ok. I am trying to build on the friendships that are there and make friends with people who love me for all my goofiness.
- Whoever said having a dog prepares you for children was right.
- My God is Jehovah Rapha.
- My body doesn’t feel like 20 years old anymore and my body has reminded me on more than one occasion that it isn’t.
- My lack of organization is a quality that I am going to stop trying to fix. It is just the way that I am.
- Being creative is big outlet for me.
This isn't an exhaustive list. I know there are more things that I have learned over the year and I hope to continue to add to the list for my benefit.
No comments:
Post a Comment