Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Moon and Cooking with Friends

Last Friday night, we went to go and see New Moon with some friends of ours. We braced ourselves for the screaming teenage girls and crazy crowds and had a great time. The movie was awesome. Way better than Twilight! It kept more to the book with a couple of added parts. I definitely approved. The only things that I didn't like about the movie were the visions of Edward that Bella saw. I didn't imagine them that way at all in the book and it didn't seem that she actually saw him , just heard his voice. Making her actually see him in the movie made it seem more creepy. It didn't portray the deep ache and longing she had for Edward because he was so much a part of her. That's just my two cents tho =). I also didn't like Dakota Fanning's line of "This might hurt a little". Lame!! Jane is so evil in the book that I'm pretty sure a cheesy line like that would not come from her lips.

Me and Jessica waiting for the movie to start!! So excited!!!

On Saturday, Jason and I had a breakfast date at this place called Cafe Brazil. It was really good. They had limitless coffee with a line of different types of coffee you could try. I tried the Holiday blend. Yummy! It was like Christmas in a cup! Then later that night we went to the house of our friends, Amy and Ryan, and had a shrimp boil, made homemade margaritas, and played Michigan Canasta. I had never played that game before but it was way fun. It took a while to get used to the rules, but once we got the hang of it it was a blast. I even lost and I thought it was still a great game (shocking I know!)

On his third cup and feeling good!

On Tuesday, my friends Deborah and Jacque came over while I cooked the dishes I was bringing to Thanksgiving dinner. We drank a glass of wine and talked and talked and cooked a little. It was a great time with my wonderful friends.

Deborah brought the wine! She brought Purple Cowboy and it was really good. Plus it was recommended by The Pioneer Woman so it has to be awesome. Deborah and I were really excited that she had found this wine because we love Pioneer Woman. Maybe it will give us something to talk about when we meet her on December 1st! One can only hope!!!

I love these girls! I wish they lived closer. And when I mean closer - I mean next door.


This was one of the dishes that I made. It's a sweet potato casserole with cranberries and apples. I made it last year for the first time when we hosted our first Thanksgiving. My family liked it so I thought I would try it again this year. It was huge hit this year as well. I'll blog about the recipe later because if you love sweet potatoes you should try this. So good!! I forgot to take a finished product picture of this dish - oops. But let's just say there are marshmellows involved on the top - need I say more.

1 comment:

  1. oui. i look like a drank the bottle before i let you gals have a sip. i think i need to sleep...or something.

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com