I love books! I love finding new books to read and always like to read books that people have recommended to me. So I decided that I would do book reviews on the books that I have read in hopes that someone may read it and enjoy it too!! So here we go:

Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies
Rating: 9
This a great book on a biomedical approach to healing these disorders. I highly recommend it to people who want to learn more about these epidemics, have one of these disorders ( I have asthma) or know someone close to you who has been affected by this either by their children or other family member. The book is written by a doctor who treats these type of kids and how he has used nutritional and supplemental therapy, detoxification, and medications to make a phenomenal difference in his patient's lives. Some are even off the spectrum now.
I chose this book because I work a lot with autism children and others on the spectrum. It has truly opened by eyes to what can go on in these kids little bodies and my heart aches for them.
The book begins by talking about how after immunizations increased in 1991, there was an increase in all these disorders by 300 to 400%. It goes into statistics that I won't bore you about but it has really made me consider a modified immunization course for my children when I decide to have them. Especially since all of those 4-A disorders run genetically in my family. The majority of the book focuses on the healing program, breaking it down into the four approaches he uses, and discussing patients he has seen and their journey through the healing program.
It is definitely not a book you read through in several days. It is more of an informative book with a lot of bullet points and description. It has a lot of references in the back including a suggested vaccination schedule. I really loved this book and enjoyed learning about this approach to healing.
Happy Reading!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment