Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was wonderful and full of fun. It all started on Friday morning. Jason had the day off so we decided to take a family day and go to the zoo! We hadn't been since E's first birthday so it was great to see her reaction again to the animals. She loved the elephants, the fish, and the lions the best. 



Looking at the monkeys and leopards



 She sat on the elephant sculpture and she looked so cute! 


The tiger pacing back and forth when she and our friend's kid came up to the window. 





We headed home after the zoo and then after a really good nap (Yay!) we played outside at our water table while Daddy put some stuff in our garden.  Right before dinner, my brother and sister in law and my niece and nephew got into town and stopped by to see us before going to their hotel for the night.


Having a tea party with all of her admirers =)


On Saturday morning, we went and took some bluebonnet pictures in a nearby town. I'll do a whole other post on it but wanted to share one of them. Isn't she just the cutest?




In the afternoon, we went to a park that was handicapped accessible. We had lots of fun. E played with her cousins and wanted them near her all the time. 



Getting pushed in the swing by her cousin - so sweet


Going down the big slide with Daddy



On the dolphin at the park



On Sunday, we went to church to celebrate our Risen Savior and then came home and had brunch. After that we put some eggs outside, and E had fun picking them up and putting them in her basket. We got away easy this year. She was happy and content with just empty eggs!




We then took family pictures before my brother's family left. 


 One of all the cousins


Brother and sister and their families


 And this was the best one we got of our little family. E was over the pictures by that point. Ha!


After E's nap, E opened up her Easter basket (another separate post for what was in it).



 Isn't this cutest little thing in a pair of purple sunglasses? 


I hope you had a wonderful Easter and that you got to celebrate it with people you love. Most importantly though, I hope that you celebrated that Jesus is alive and that he gave His life so that we may have eternal life. 


1 comment:

  1. I love your Easter dress--so pretty on you!! I also love that you went to the zoo on Friday--such a smart idea for a fun thing to do when you have Jason home too. I love E's water table--I think we are going to get one for H this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com