Thursday, June 2, 2011

G-day: 10 years ago


Ten years ago today, I was graduating high school. Yikes! I can't believe that it has been 10 years already. The time has flown by so fast and I swear I just graduated yesterday.

It's amazing what can happen in 10 years. I graduated before the world knew what facebook, an Ipod and Iphone, and twitter were. Before we knew the horrors of 9/11, hurricane katrina, and the break up of Brad and Jennifer.

This girl didn't know what the world had in store for her but I was ready to spread my wings and fly ( sorry for the cliche there). I had lived my life in a bubble until the day that I walked across the stage to accept my diploma and begin a new chapter in my life. Some days, I wish I could still live in that bubble - where the world was a better place and everything was carefree - but then I think of all the wonderful things that I've learned and the things I've done and it doesn't seem so bad.


In honor of my 10 years from graduation, I'll be posting blasts from the pasts of what my world was like back then this week. So come join me and reminisce about what you were doing 10 years ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com