Last week, Jason and I spent an entire week in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. It was nice to enjoy the cooler weather and the backdrop of the gorgeous mountains. Jason had to go up to Steamboat for a review and certification test that he had been working for over three years all week long and I decided to go with him. Most of the week, Jason spent most of his time in a classroom (stinks for him) and I got to relax and enjoy a much needed restful vacation (yay for me).
We got there on Sunday afternoon and settled into the condo, and then Jason and I went to a cute little restaurant called the Boathouse. I unfortunately was starting to suffer from altitude sickness unbeknown to me by the time we got to dinner so we didn't stay out too long. However, we got to sit out on the porch area and enjoy the views while a little rain shower came to visit.


Most of the week, I spent my time relaxing in the condo, reading -lots and lots of reading, taking naps, and enjoying the sights and beauty that is Steamboat Springs. Almost every morning, I started my day off with a cup of coffee and a few chapters of the book that I was reading that day out on the balcony with this view:

Be envious =)
I took a walk by the river that runs through the town and has a nice path for people to ride on with their bikes, run, and walk.

I went on a guided hike up on the mountain and enjoyed a gourmet lunch on top of the mountain in one of the restaurants. The weather was perfect and the views were absolutely gorgeous. I am completely in awe of God and my affections are stirred for Him when I look upon his creation from a mountain top. It was breathtaking.

On Friday night, Jason and I went to Strawberry Springs Hot Springs outside of town with some of the other people studying for the CFMT certification. They all studied while they sat around in the hot springs and I got to relax and swim around. We all still had fun though and made sure to leave before dark because after dark is when clothes are optional (yikes!)

I also had a visitor that came every morning when I took Jason to his class. His name was Wilbur.

Isn't he just cute?
Jason and I had so much fun that week and I was sad that we had to come back to reality. As always, vacations have to end but we were very excited to see our Lucye when we got back. (Thanks Mom for watching her!)
**Also, we found out earlier this week that Jason passed his CFMT test with distinction and scored the second highest grade in a class of 14. I am so proud of him and the discipline that he had to do this. He has worked a long 3 1/2 years for this moment and I can not be more excited for him! **


No comments:
Post a Comment