Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The best day of my life

Two years ago today, I married the man of my dreams. To say that I am the luckiest girl is an understatement. I don't know how I got such an amazing man to marry me and God has blessed and taught me so much through him. I love Jason more today than I did the day I married him and I can't wait to share so many more years together and share life's adventures with him. He truly is my soul mate. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a list of memories from the year that I will remember about us or if I wanted to make a list of the things that I love about Jason so I decided to do a smaller version of both. Here's to you babe, I LOVE YOU!

Memories
1. Our first time hosting a holiday - even with the burnt rolls, it still turned out really well
2. Bringing Lucye home, Jason is such a good puppy daddy - no wonder she likes him more than me!
3. Taking care of me during my surgery - Jason must really love me if he will help me shower, change my clothes, and see my look like crap for days on end =)
4. All of Jason's triathlons - I love seeing Jason find enjoyment with these activities and love watching him race!
5. The day we had to rush Lucye to the ER vet - Jason was so calm and kept me from passing out from all the hyperventilating

Things I love about Jason:
1. His passion for Jesus, physical therapy, and working out 
2. His calming reassurance with all my irrational fears, ridiculous stories, and overexaggerations; he seems to be able to take my sometimes overdramatic personality and role with it =)
3. His shoulders and arms - so good looking!
4. Even if he is almost asleep, he will wake up and always kiss me good night before going to sleep
5. How he makes me feel like a million dollars when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt
6. How he will make an amazing dad some day - lucky kids!
7. His laugh

I would name more things that I love about Jason but I will save that for another day. Today has been such a great anniversary and we celebrated by going to Texas de Brazil for dinner. Mmm..their potatoes de grautin are to die for and I actually had some wine that was actually really good!! It was such a great time to just sit down and enjoy each other's company. I can't wait to celebrate in Chicago in a couple of weeks! Yahoo!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome tribute to your husband! I've been blessed to have both of you in my life and wish you both so many more happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I'm so glad that you found a man to make you so happy!! Just to let you know, though, he got a pretty awesome spouse too. :) I wish you both the best and many happy years together!!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com