Back story: For those that don't know, I had been having pain in my left hip for quite some time. For about 3 years, I had pain on the outside of my hip that came and went. For awhile, I would stop working out until the pain would subside and then begin working out again. This worked great until last September when the pain started to go to the front of my hip closer to the groin area. It continually got worse and worse to the point I would come home crying every day from work because work activities aggravated it. I finally got into a orthopedic surgeon and after an MRI and lidocaine shot in the hip, he thought it best that we go in and have an arthroscopic surgery to see if there was anything in the hip. I had my surgery, February 17, and they found a small labral (cartilage) tear and shaved my hip bone down so that it wouldn't impinge (or pinch) any more. The first two weeks were hard but since then, my hip has continued to feel better. I am so thankful that God placed me in a city where there was an orthopedic surgeon who was known for hip surgeries so that I could run again without any pain. Praise Jesus!
Here is what I thought about the news my doctor gave me:
Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's the best day in the world!! Enjoy your run!!
ReplyDeleteI know you're excited to get back to running!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete