(It's only a month late! 11 months will be up later this week!)
J,
You are 10 months. Your personality is shining bright this month. You are a joy, sweet boy!
Let's go ahead and say your sleeping habits are the same and you don't want them to change =). I've tried laying you down on the bed and I lay next to you and within a few minutes you awake. Silly boy. You wake up to nurse about twice a night and are nursing about 5-6 times a day. You are SO distracted when you nurse. It is a constant battle to keep you focused to eat. I know you are hungry but you just think there are way more important things to do than eat. You eat solids at lunch and dinner with us as well. You love food - there are only a few things that you make faces at, but we keep trying them to see if you will get used to them. (Ex. carrots). New foods you have tried this month: peas, spinach, mango, and tomato soup. We have introduced more finger foods this month and you can eat blueberries and strawberries chopped pretty well and you can eat puffs like its your job =). You can even get the puffs out of your snack cup all by yourself. You get very impatient at meal times and you refuse to wear a bib. You pull it off any time I try to put one on you. Blueberries are one of your favorite foods and you gobble them up. You are cutting your 4th tooth now. You had #2 and #3 show up earlier this month, and just a few days ago started cutting your 4th one.
You crawl everywhere and are pulling up on everything. You can cruise the furniture now and between surfaces. You love to pull up to the windows and reach for the blinds and you like to reach for the plugs too. (Don't worry I put a stop to those two things quickly) The day you turned 10 months, you started walking with a push walker or anything that moves consistently and think that is really fun. You have been getting that pointer finger out by itself and use it to poke at things and touch things. You have started doing this thing with your tongue that I can only describe as "rolling the R's". It is hilarious and I like to say that you are just practicing to learn Spanish. Ha! You LOVE to take things out of any box or container. You leave a mess wherever you go because you haven't learned to clean up yet. You have discovered the safe cabinet in the kitchen and love open and close the door and to take my mixing bowls out of the cabinet. You then push them around the kitchen floor. I think you like the noise they make.
You can now move the baby gates that I have that block the hallways. They aren't connected to the wall so we can move them quickly to go to the rooms. You have discovered you can move them too and so now I can't keep you contained in the living room anymore. You basically think if I have blocked it off, it is a challenge for you to get through. You signed "dog" this month and say "da" when you look at the dog. You LOVE Lucye. Love her. You also are trying to say "done" when we are at the table and you are done with your food. You are still a momma's boy. You get so upset if I leave the room and know that I'm still somewhere in the house. You will cry and scream until I come back even if Daddy is here =). You also have discovered my red mole on my chest, and you love to play with it. It is rather quite funny.
Favorite toys this month: Fabric blocks that we stack so that you can knock them over; the toy drum, and anything that your sister is playing with. You also started liking Mickey Mouse because its the only thing that keeps you still long enough for me to stretch your neck. You started clapping a bit this month too and you love to wave at yourself in the mirror.
You are wearing 9 month clothing still. No official stats of weight and height but I would guess 20 pounds.






No comments:
Post a Comment