Sunday, February 21, 2016

Valentine's Day

Ever since having kids, we have celebrated Valentine's Day as a family. I want my kids to know that it doesn't have to be about romantic love, but about celebrating the people in your life that you love. Most importantly, I want them to know that we love because He first loved us. So all that to say, I try to make Valentine's Day a big deal for us.

Before I get to the actual day though I just have to talk about the cuteness of these pictures. Our HOA has a Daddy/daughter dance every year and Jason took E this year. It was the weekend before Valentine's Day, and she was beyond excited!!

A girl and her daddy








Ok back to the day - I decorated the dining table the night before! 




The kids get little small presents at the beginning of the day. E was pretty excited about she got. She got a Paw Patrol book and then a basketball net and balls for the bath tub.




J got some pajamas and a cute little dinosaur book. 




I made some red velvet donuts (gluten and dairy free I might add), and they were delicious! We also had eggs and sausage too.



We then headed to church and did our normal lunch and nap/rest time routine. We then spent the afternoon playing outside and getting a few pictures. 




We had a really yummy dinner and a great dessert but I forgot to take a pictures. (Fail) It was a fun day. I can't wait for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com