Ok this is the day before Thanksgiving but I could't pass up this cute little photo op!
Aunt Minette came into town and got to meet J for the first time!
The actual Thanksgiving day I didn't get many pictures because I was busy cooking. Jason cooked the turkey and I cooked all the sides. I love to cook. It brings me great joy to cook for people and try new recipes. Now the clean up - someone else can do that - ha! I even forgot to get a picture of my kids together in their cute Thanksgiving outfits so I plan on putting them in the outfits at a later date just to take a pic =).
A cute pic of the cousins
Aunt Minette and E coloring on the tablecloth at dinner that night. I found this tablecloth at Target for $3 and you could color on it!! Score! I must find one of these for Christmas. It was so fun.
We watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together as a family together that night. I love Charlie Brown HOWEVER I didn't realize that they use the word stupid A LOT in the show so that will be the last time we watch that together for a long time. (We are having some discipline issues with that word - just keeping it real)
On Friday, Jason's grandmother, who had also come into town, came to see her great grandkids. His aunt also came as well. J was in his Doc Band today because his bite that became infected on his head was FINALLY healed after two weeks. Hopefully we are almost done with it!
GG with the grands and great grands (photobomb courtesy of Lucye)
Minette with her brothers before she left town on Friday
We opened presents from the cousins and MawMaw.
E and J with their MawMaw
Jason's mom left on Saturday morning and Jason had to work the hospital so I took the kids to Cabela's to get out of the house on this cold windy day.
On Sunday, we went to church and then had a low key afternoon. I made these pumpkin muffins for Thanksgiving breakfast that were vegan and gluten free. They turned out pretty good, but I think I will try a different gluten free flour next time to see if I can change the texture. E LOVED them! She asked for them for every breakfast and snack time all weekend.
Post nap and pumpkin muffin face
Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with love and family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment