1) I know a lot of people do Elf on the Shelf (which is great and I have nothing against it) but I just didn't want to do that and put more focus on Santa. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was perfect. The three wise men travel around our house each night following the star that leads them to Jesus, and then E finds them in the morning. She has had fun looking for them each morning.
They built a "snowman"
2) We saw Frosty the Snowman at Casa MaƱana last Friday with our MOPS group. It was super fun and E enjoyed it. J even enjoyed and was flapping his arms and happy screaming with some of the music numbers!


3) Our HOA does a Breakfast with Santa for our neighborhood each year and I was able to get tickets this year! E was excited about seeing him, but then didn't want to sit on his lap once we were able to visit with him. She did tell him what she wanted for Christmas - an umbrella!!
Eating her pumpkin muffin
4) One of the towns close by us has a Christmas parade each year. Last year we went and decided we wanted to make it a tradition. E was so excited for the lights and the parade and was jumping up and down waiting for it to come down the road. J enjoyed it too =)
5) E's friend threw a Christmas cookie party last Sunday. They did a little craft and decorated Christmas cookies. It was a good time for everyone.
She loves the glitter glue
6) On Monday, we went to ICE at the Gaylord. I really wanted to go this year because the theme was Christmas Around the World. I do love traveling so I was excited to see what they did. E loved it but I think her favorite part was the ice slide. J enjoyed being snuggled in the parka with me, and I'm sure next year he will be chasing E in his own little parka.
P.S. If you go to this, go during the week around 4 - there is no line and we could take our time.
7) Another town near us was having Storytime at the Station this week and I took E because she loves fire trucks. She had a great time with one of her friends.
She wanted to get her picture by the Grinch. I thought she would be scared of him, but she asked for me to take her picture with him!
8) E made a gingerbread house with her daddy. She has been talking about doing this for weeks and they finally did it on Thursday. There may have been some frosting and candy eating during the making of the house, but I'll never tell.
He was just a spectator this year
9) And then.....sickness hit our house. I had it earlier in the week but just pushed through it and thought it was no biggie. E started throwing up Friday afternoon, and then J joined her today. It is so sad to watch your little love bugs be sick. Praying they feel better soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment